Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

help me with a demio 1.3

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Unhappy help me with a demio 1.3

have a demio 1.3 16v, i recently had a head gasket failure which was caused by a small leak in the radiator, got head gasket done and radiator replaced, when i lifted the head off there was water in each cylinder, got it all cleaned and replaced anyway, got the car running again but and here is the baffling thing, the car runs as nice as anything doesnt miss and doesnt overheat, but there is coolant being lost from the system, there is no steam coming from the exhaust so its not being lost that way but when i put my hand to the top hose which goes from the thermostat to the top of the radiator i can feel air bubbling past my hand, i can also see the air bubbles passing through the coolant bottle/ expansion bottle., the only option i have is to get another head for it but the symptons dont point towards this for 2 reasons, no coolant being lost internally and burning out the exhaust and no leaks externally where i would visibly see a pool or at least a leak of water appearing, and also when the car is switched off i would expect to hear some sort of suction drawing air in if it was external.
does anyone know the correct head bolt torque settins so i can double check that they are down tight enough,
hoping someone might be able to help me out here, because my head is fried trying to find a solution to this.
thanks all