Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Tribute stereo aux input

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Default Tribute stereo aux input

Does anyone know if any mazda tribute model comes with a stock stereo deck that includes an aux input? I have a 2001 Tribute and I currently use the cassette deck with an adapter and my Ipod. It works but you get the annoying hiss along with it.

I could buy an aftermarket deck but it seems like a waste of money just for one little feature. I figured if newer models had it I could possibly get one from a junk yard/car salvage lot and install it.

Thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Default FM modulator

Hey there, welcome aboard.

I recently posted an inexpensive solution to listening to MP3/iPod music thru your OEM deck - buy an FM modulator.

I picked up one on sale for $10 that holds the unit, charges it via power outlet (cigarette adapter), and broadcasts over one of several FM channels. As long as at least one FM channel is clear ie. not broadcasting, it works great. If you travel great distances, you may need to change channels from time to time.

Sound is apparently not as good as when connected via cable, but I used it all year in my PT Cruiser with the standard GT audio package, and I had no complaints. Trebles were clear, base was crisp....for my "over 40" ears anyway.

You should be able to get one via eBay if not at a local retailer. Hope this is a solution that will fit your needs.

Cheers, Mark

Old 11-14-2009, 12:05 PM

none of the models that fit in the 01's housing support the aux jack from my understanding. I, too, went OEM to solve it. Take time on picking out a faceplate adapter, as I found many of the ones out there are cheaply assembled.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Default Aux Port for OEM Units

Ralphy,
A company called 1factoryradio (on ebay) sells refurb OEM units w/aux ports on them. They can also take your OEM unit and install an aux port on it as well. I had them add an aux port to my OEM Bose combo unit (AM/FM/CD/Cass) for $50 + $10 shipping for my '99 626.
The aux port was on a 30" cable out of the rear of the unit because there was no room on the face of the unit to put it.
It was a relatively inexpensive solution, works great and I still have the OEM look.
Good luck.