Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Tribute

Old 09-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Default Tribute

I have a 2003 Mazda Tribute. It has always started in a hush idle. The car started to hesitate while I was driving it the rpm went to 8 the speedometer went to 120 and the gas gage went from full to empty. I thought it might be my gas so I put super in. There is no check anything lights on. There is a little red light on the steering colum I thing it anti theft that also was going crazy. Does anyone have any idea what it could be??? I thought maybe my transmittion but again no engine lights or any lights are on.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
Suggest you re-set ECU first.
Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery, followed by a few applications of brake pedal. Wait 5 minutes. Re-connect battery and let idle for 5 minutes.
Side effects: re-set radio stations, power windows may need re-setting, follow owners manual
OR:

To correct this I first put the passenger window down from the passenger side. Now I start putting it up with my right hand----while it’s going up I use my left hand and put the window up using the driver side control for that window, keep holding both buttons up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top. My radio pre-sets also lost.

The passenger window is the only window not working from the driver side control! It works from the passenger side always!
The above is the procedure to get your passenger window to work from driver side controls.
Thank you!!! I'll have my son try it. Clueless.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Just a thought. Check your battery & alternator. Having the gauges do a sweep can be caused by low voltage.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Banned

yeah low voltage may be the reason.