Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Trasmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Default Trasmission problem

I have a Tribute 2001 DX V6 4 wheel drive, which apparently the transmission is now bad.

It happened when I was stuck in slow traffic, I've tried to accelerate hard to pass somebody. I thought the transmission got in neutral until it engages in gear. Since the Overdrive light is blinking. It's like the second gear is gone.

What is strange is when the weather is colder than 45, the transmission works fine for few minutes until, I guess, the temperature in the transmission gets warmer then the same problem occurs again.

What's going on? I thought that this forum would have help giving me some advice to understand the problem. Through other forums, it looks it is not uncommon problem as many owners of Ford Escape seem to have experienced the same kind of problem. Some people wrote that Ford or Mazda should have issue a recall

So far I got prices ranging from 700.00 to 3,000 to fix the problem. Is somebody had experienced the same kind problem, would you please let us know about.

Thank you