Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Removing trims

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Default Removing trims

Does anyone know how on earth you remove wheel arch trims from a Tribute? Most UK ones don't have them and I can see why, salt, muck etc gets up there and it rusts from the inside out. The one I've just bought is rusty all along the bottom, sills, arches the lot. Anyway, not a big deal, grind it out, fix, rustproof the underside and it will last well BUT, how to get these trims off? Nothing in the Haynes manual about it. There are 3 screws at the bottom of the arch trim but they are also attached at the top. There are no rubbers/screws in the arch liner> All I can think is the screw is between the liner and the outer panel, so how on earth are you supposed to remove it?
Name:  DSCN3302.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  97.4 KB
Also I can't quite fathom how to remove the trims on the sills. Do you remove the two front screws and then inside the undersill pull the rubbers out and the top screws for the trims are beind them, then slide the trims off the plastic lugs underneath - I haven't pulled the rubbers out yet as I don't want to break them (I've already broken 3 lugs so will have to araldite when I'm done).