Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

I need HELP with removing Brake rotors

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Default I need HELP with removing Brake rotors

Ive got my 04 tribute jacked up and ready to take off the rotors but im having some problems. I cant seem to take off the big bolt thats holding them on. This is the first time ive seen rotors held on by a bolt, on all my other trucks they have just been held on by the wheel. IS there anyone that has any pics or a write up to help me out ? Or if you've done it before can you give me some help. THANKS GUYS, GLad to find the forum!!

Old 01-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Default RE: I need HELP with removing Brake rotors

Ok, i think i figured i didnt need to take off the bolt. But the rotor is REALLY rusted on there? any tips as to get it free ?

Old 01-19-2008, 05:34 PM

Post up a pic...The Mazda6 rotors are held on with a large phillips head bolt. If the Tribute is the same way, you need to soak that bolt with liquid penetrant (Kroil works great) and use an impact driver to back the screw out. That bolt is only there as a temporary hold for the rotor as it goes down the assembly line prior to installation of the brake caliper.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:41 PM

I have an 05' don't know if there the same but here is a pic of the braking system disected