Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

A/C only blows out of Defrost vents.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 02:06 PM
Default A/C only blows out of Defrost vents.

This started a couple weeks ago. It will randomly work in the other vents but usually now only blows out of the top vents near the windshield no matter where the **** is. Is there a certain part that should be replaced?
Its a 2006 Mazda Tribute 4-cylinder.
Thank you.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:39 AM
ipn

I don't have your model , but look up things called Blend actuators or Blend doors , some are electrical some are vacuum operated , that's all i got .

Old 07-07-2021, 08:11 PM

Thanks. I actually found the issue. There was a vaccuum line that went to a big pill looking thing in the engine bay, the hose was corroded. replaced. now all good.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:34 AM
ipn

Aye good stuff , i'm glad you found it .

Old 07-16-2022, 09:11 AM
Default Same problem

Originally Posted by tribute06dude
Thanks. I actually found the issue. There was a vaccuum line that went to a big pill looking thing in the engine bay, the hose was corroded. replaced. now all good.
Do you know about where in engine bay?

Been having the same problem for about a year now. 2006 Tribute. Not pleasant in south Louisiana during the summer.

Old 07-16-2022, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Plazze1
Do you know about where in engine bay?

Been having the same problem for about a year now. 2006 Tribute. Not pleasant in south Louisiana during the summer.
yes its on the top of the engine bay near the back if I remember correctly. Just woke up and having breakfast right now. I’ll go out there and take a picture and post it.
I feel you brother. I’m in Houston, Tx and it’s hot as ***** here too. We have an office branch in St. Gabriel, Louisiana and I been there plenty times during the summer. We have offices all the country and the LA branch is my favorite. That Cajun good, man. I can’t get enough of it. Haha
Anyway I’ll take a picture in a few.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:27 AM

That’s the hose. Somewhere in that hose it was corroded. In the second closeup pic you can see that another section is now corroded too.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:32 AM
Default Thanks

Thanks! Yeah, wasn't too bad last fall and winter but with 110 heat index almost every day... Plus really not wanting to put too much $$$ in it. Bought a 2022 C-5 in March but it's been in the body shop for 2 months. Still no idea when some part will be available. Glad I held on to the Tribute!

Old 07-29-2022, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by tribute06dude
Hi turbo dude! I had the same issue. It turns out that the vacuum hose deteriorated and no vacuum was going to operate the actuators. I replaced the offending hose sections and al is fine. Thanks for the info, it saved me a ton of trouble shooting!

Old 07-29-2022, 10:06 AM

Nice! Glad it helped you out!

Quick Reply: A/C only blows out of Defrost vents.