Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

04 Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Default 04 Tribute

Picked up a 04 tribute yesterday, washed and used A/C got home after a 2 hr trip and found my driverside carpet wet. Noticed that the bolts from the seat are rusted. Any ideas where the water could be coming from? Thank you in advance.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM

I think you need to narrow down the cause. It could be a door seal leak, or it could be the A/C drain tube clogged up, spilling water into the cabin. Spray the vehicle with your hose again to see if it is leaking inside. That's my bet. I think the A/C drain tube, which drains the dehumidified air from the cabin in liquid form, runs down the firewall on the passenger side, not the driver's side.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Default Water on the floor

I was thinking it was from the outside, but this weekend I was using the A/C and the underside of the floor mat keeps getting damp. This is leading me to belive it's the A/C however the drain is putting a lot of water on the ground. Thanks for your info I'll let you know if I find anything.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:53 PM

For what its worth, we have an 02 Tribute that has loose door seals around the door frames. I had to apply some 3M double stick tape to hold the seals in place. We found this out because the seats were getting wet right next to the doors. Check the weather stripping to see if its come loose.