Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

Rx8 weird noise + battery noise + starting issue + stall

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 12:28 AM
Default Rx8 weird noise + battery light + starting issue + stall

SUMMARY
Having issues with this 06 6at. Was working perfectly fine till it wouldn’t start. Got it running and was greeted with this noise and battery light and stalling when I let off the gas
will post a vid

I recently bought my 7th rx8.

its a 2006 6at with 74k miles. It was working well. I decided to use my WiFi obd scanner to see what the start cranking speed is so I started and turn the car off like 2 times. It was already fully warmed up and driven around. On the last try to get the rpms to show on my scanner I let off the gas pedal but the car wouldn’t start.

I sat there checked the fuses and such, I killed the battery as a result of trying to get it started

an hour later I jumped the car. At first it wasn’t starting so I took the maf plug off and the car started. But there was a weird noise kind of like whining and grinding aswell as battery light and it’ll stall if I let off the gas

when I turn the key the car cranks and fires for a sec or 2 but then just cranks with no firing. But when it is running now it has a battery light and noise and stall issues

So basically my rx8 was working fine but now it’s having issues starting and when it does start there’s a noise, battery light and it stalls if I don’t keep it revved

Last edited by Jabraan; 02-25-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Wrong title