Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

RX8 Velocity red re-spray

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Default RX8 Velocity red re-spray

Hi all,
Some kind person decided to put a coin or something down the side of my RX8. Both doors and rear arch have a long scratch. It's going tohave to be an insurance job. I have heard that this particular colour (velocity Red also metallic finish) is quite hard to re-spray and match? or is this crap talk.
It's going to go to a reputable repair shop but I am worried in case they screw it up. Should I let my local Mazda dealer do the job?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Default RE: RX8 Velocity red re-spray

Mazda and any bodyshop will both mix the paint the same way. They all use the same paint code to determine what color to mix. Then, a computer enters all the colors to match. Mazda doesn't just get the color in bulk or anything. Go with the bodyshop, if they are good, they will stand behind their work and re-spray if they don't get the right color.

P.S Sux that people are jealous us you and your ride

Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Default RE: RX8 Velocity red re-spray

Yeah, your're right. Does suck that people have to be jealous cowards and ruin something that you have always wanted. The cops are on the case and have cctv to see who it was.
Only good thing to come out of this is that a scratch I had onmy wheelarch will be sprayed over during the job so I don't have to look at it anymore.
I'll post a follow up when the job is done.