Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

RX-8 low rpm rev band. Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Default RX-8 low rpm rev band. Need some help!

I need some answers! My car is acting up on me lately. When I gun the throttle my RX-8 revs up very slowly. Sometimes I don't even get to the redline. It seems like it's stalling out somewhere. I brought it in and Mazda replaced some coil packs and some plug wires and some spark plugs. Then they said that it was my MAF (mass air flow) sensor. And because I attempted to install a K & N air filter, I violated the warranty. However, I put everything back to stock. Then they ran their codes and the MAF sensor turned out to be fine. So, air consumption to the engine is O.K. I think that it's fuel, but it seems to run fine when idleing, it used to just die on me. Now some of my friends and I got together and discussed fuel, fire, and air. All three need to be there. Right? So, now how about my alternator? My car has about 35K miles on it. Has anyone out there had any problems with their alternator going out around these miles? My car still runs, but it seems like when I'm hitting the power band, it lags really bad, and around 7K rpm, it stalls for a split second, and it still barely makes it to redline. Can an alternator go bad and still be able to keep the car running on the RX-8's? I'm planning on taking it in on Tuesday 29th, 2008, and let them know of this process of elimination. If anyone has had any similar problems out there, hit me up.

Later

AZANGA

Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Default RE: RX-8 low rpm rev band. Need some help!

Check your Catalytic Converter.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Default RE: RX-8 low rpm rev band. Need some help!

that or tell them to check your compression, if you have low/no compression you need your engine fixed. I had bad idling to the point where it almost died they found out i had a crack in my engine which caused low compression i had to have a re-manufactured engine. So have them check your compression.