Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

rx-8

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Default rx-8

I am looking into getting a rx-8 and iv been doing research on them. But my question is what do you guys think of these cars mechanically is it reliable, are there alot of poblems, if so big or small? and are they expensive to maintain/fix? Any info will help thank you in advance

Old 01-27-2009, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by GTInfamous
I am looking into getting a rx-8 and iv been doing research on them. But my question is what do you guys think of these cars mechanically is it reliable, are there alot of poblems, if so big or small? and are they expensive to maintain/fix? Any info will help thank you in advance
If you drive the car responsibly and keep up with the routine maintenance (which is alot more than a regular piston motor) then the RX8 is a great car. I use mine as a DD and I have had no problems out of it yet. The car is made to be driven at higher RPMs but make sure that you heat it up before you run it and don't be hot rodding all around town because that's a sure fire way to get tickets and to get in an accident. People that usually have problems with this car breaking tend to not drive the car like it was meant to be driven. If you do decide to get an 8, make sure you have the engine checked for compression to make sure there's no pre-existing problems and make sure all the recall work has been done (or get it done immediately). Join up on rx8club.com and become an active member of the forums so you're in the know.