Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

Hydrogen?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Default Hydrogen?

Has anyone toyed with the idea of converting their rotary engineto a hybrid hydrogen mix with the gas engine? I'm just wondering about the results from the conversion, whether you modified the oxygen sensors or not, what you're results were, etc.
If anyone is interested in doing this conversion, but hasn't done it yet, I purchased a guide to make a small hydrogen fuel cell that you can carry on board and instructions on how to install it on the car. Feel free to contact me, and I'm more than happy to share the guide with you.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Default RE: Hydrogen?

I hope it works out for you., just be careful, hydrogen is dangerous if precautions aren't kept. If I remember correctly, wasn't there japanese 8 models that were dual fuel , gas/hydrogen?
BTW, keep me updated with your progress, I am interested to see how good you make out. With some tinkering, I took my truck from 15 mpg to 25, so don't get discouraged with little to no support. My 8 is next, if I can fix the immobility problem.