Mazda RX-7 Starting in the 1970s, the uniquely powered RX-7 helped put Mazda on the performance car map.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Love the new BRZ, same as the GT86. Not sure if it's as good as the RX-7 though

Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by modric
Love the new BRZ, same as the GT86. Not sure if it's as good as the RX-7 though
Not in it's present state. Wait til next year:

According to Car and Driver, TRD (Toyota Racing Development ) is close to coming up with a supercharger to fit to the car's 2.0-litre flat-four Boxer engine in order to squeeze out a little more performance. Currently, the FR-S produces 200 horsepower, but there's no guessing how much a supercharger could improve this figure. With Subaru seemingly hard at work on a new turbo engine for the BRZ and even possibly a BRZ STI model, it is only logical for a force-fed FR-S to be in the works as well.
Currently there is an aftermarket intake and exhaust available for GT86 which gives + 12 HP, + 15 TQ: AFE Power Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ
Article in link was researched, done up and inputted by me!

The balance in the Toyota is awesome as it is a rear wheel drive car and the battery is located on the passenger side. The Boxer engine keeps weight low and to back of firewall. I'm sure it handles well and will be better supercharged or turbocharged!

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 01-25-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: weight distribution
Old 01-29-2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
Not in it's present state. Wait til next year:

According to Car and Driver, TRD (Toyota Racing Development ) is close to coming up with a supercharger to fit to the car's 2.0-litre flat-four Boxer engine in order to squeeze out a little more performance. Currently, the FR-S produces 200 horsepower, but there's no guessing how much a supercharger could improve this figure. With Subaru seemingly hard at work on a new turbo engine for the BRZ and even possibly a BRZ STI model, it is only logical for a force-fed FR-S to be in the works as well.
Currently there is an aftermarket intake and exhaust available for GT86 which gives + 12 HP, + 15 TQ: AFE Power Scion FRS, Subaru BRZ
Article in link was researched, done up and inputted by me!

The balance in the Toyota is awesome as it is a rear wheel drive car and the battery is located on the passenger side. The Boxer engine keeps weight low and to back of firewall. I'm sure it handles well and will be better supercharged or turbocharged!
Thanks for the info man! Sounds sick