Mazda RX-7 Starting in the 1970s, the uniquely powered RX-7 helped put Mazda on the performance car map.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite type of FD3S?
Bone Stock
0%
Street Modified
0%
Fully Built
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Joe Maddox RHD BN Sports Blister Widebody Mad Mike Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 03:39 PM

Well I guess I am a sucker for a clean FC. but this one was special. While working on the FD I ran into this 100k miles real Turbo II in mint condition for 1000.00$

I ended up buying it because I had to...

After getting into it I realized I need to stay the course on the FD and ended up putting it up for sale. A person with a track FD ended up offering me a trade for his FD and I took him up on it.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:41 PM

The car was nice because it was a FD. the car was actually a pile of ****. I regretted the trade but stood by my word when he came for it. Traded all the fc stuff and started looking into what I was going to do with it. In the long run I ended up swapping a couple parts on it from mine and then letting it go to one of Marcs friends who turned it into a crazy drift car. The firewall had a lot of issues and there was serious flex to the chassis. It had made its rounds and I was going to stay the course on my RHD build!

Old 04-08-2019, 03:41 PM

After lots of elbow grease the grease was all gone! The floors were clean and ready for some sound insulation!

I had removed the roof to swap it over to a R1 skin. I ended up buying one from the dealership near me. Turns out they still make it and it was only a bill!
I also picked up a perfect interior with rear seats and parted a motor from three fd's. Two auto's and one rhd clip that just happened to be near me!

Old 04-08-2019, 03:42 PM

FOUND THE KIT! It was not easy, I tried to get it from the company, they never answered back. My silver was sterling and I am not good enough. But I can preserver lol! I ended up finding the kit through a kid who had a race team in Canada. His dad lived in Washington and I was going to buy it from him and have him bring it to his dads house in WA! Thank god for Zilvia!

He had not mounted it yet and only mocked it up. I told him to tell me where to sent the 5,000$ for it and I went and picked it up!

Real kits are the best!

Old 04-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Default Joe Maddox Build Update

So now I have the hardest part taken care of. Now it is just the rims and putting the car together to make it look good! I started mocking up the panels and getting ready to have the roof skin put on!

Old 04-08-2019, 03:44 PM

I had a friend weld the roof for me and then got all the panels secured on (besides the front bumper that I was waiting on intercooler piping before I mounted it.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:45 PM
Cool Reclaimer Auto Resotrations In Oregon

While working on the RHD FD I also got some time to finish up the RHD SA. It had come a very long way since first pictured in the thread.

There was new metal put on everything, new electrical and interior. Custom panels and a 13b turbo motor to drop in!

I got this buttoned up to go while working on FD, however it was never finished as my heart was fading from the game and my friend chris was no longer helping with the cars. and these builds had been like the others, I was alone for them. That gets old after some years.

I had been working on classic cars for almost ten years at that point and had made many nice ones. The current daily driver had me wanting to head back towards classics. However I kept on with the FD pushing towards the goal of having the widebody track car finished!

Old 04-08-2019, 03:46 PM

After a bunch of work. the engine was done. I had a few to choose from. In the end I just resealed a reman motor I got from mazda. It was one of the auto ones, but it passed the leak down and the comp tests. So I took it apart and then tossed a new seal kit on it! I figure it is a grenade, so I painted it accordingly. I kept the Cosmo motor for another build. It was eventually given to Chris and his widebody to assure it stayed rotary.

I brought the car in and got it ready to put the drivetrain in it!

Old 04-08-2019, 03:47 PM

I started on the externals. Found a good turbo that will be great for the range I am going for and got it all buttoned up!

Old 04-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Cool

Wheels... I needed some! So I started looking into what I wanted to run with this kit. I ended up falling in love with the VSXX rims from Works. I called them up and ordered some custom rims for the widebody. I Got them with a 9inch lip, white faces and black bolts. The fronts to be 18x13 and rears 18 x14.5. They ended up really making the kit come together. They were not cheap hahaha.

Quick Reply: Joe Maddox RHD BN Sports Blister Widebody Mad Mike Build