Mazda RX-7 Starting in the 1970s, the uniquely powered RX-7 helped put Mazda on the performance car map.

FD3 - marketworth in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Default FD3 - marketworth in the US?

Hey there,my name is Moe and I´m from the United States of Germany

Since a long time,i consider to buy a RX7 FD3 but they´re so freaking expensive the (Thank you Fast´n´Furious hype) ,except for the imported RHD drive cars from England.I don´t know any good sides fpr used Mazda Sportscars in the US,could you advise me one?

Most of the cars,I found on ebaymotors,but the cars weren´t what I´m looking for.I´m looking for a bone stock (or nearly bone stock) RX7,because I dont need performance and other customizing parts.So I would have to strip them of,which would be very stupid because they pushed the price before up.
The reason why I would have to do this: We have the german TUV (Tüv) wich is an governmental controlled association which gets sure that cars are safe and street legal.It´s not impossible to get the car with these parts street legal,but it´s expensive and so I want a stock RX7 first.

Well whats the market woth here in the US for an good (rust and crash free) RX7 FD3 with max 100-120k Miles on it?I know it´s hard to say but a circa price would make me happy!

Can somebody here help me?

Best regards,Moe

P.S. How do you like my english,I´m really keen on knowing it

Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 PM

your English is much better than my Deutsch, though that is my ancestry.

realistically, you are looking at around $10,000 US for one in good shape and stock turbo. with the shape the market is here, you may be able to find some real steals on them at around $7-8k US

Guten Tag und viel Glück