Mazda RX-7 Starting in the 1970s, the uniquely powered RX-7 helped put Mazda on the performance car map.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Default AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

can someone tell me please where is the crank angle sensor located? I am new to the whole mazda family but recently bought a 1987 rx-7 but having trouble starting during cold weather. the spark plugs and wires, altenator, and battery are brand new and i wanna get this car running and starting with no problems what so ever so that i can continue to add to it. thanks for any help whatsoever.
-Smurf-

Old 02-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Default RE: AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The crank angle sensor is located at the upper front of the engine to the left of the alternator. Looks like a distributor kind of but without a cap on it, only a flat metal plate. What has led you to believe this to be the source of the no start?

Old 02-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Default RE: AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

i have no clue as what to believe is the nature of this beast not firing! it sounds like it wants to but it wont. here is my cell # 661-373-8754, call me tomorrow and i will let you hear it.
-Smurf

Old 02-26-2006, 02:36 AM
Default rx- history

To all who may read this please note that i have done a lot of researching and talking to mechanics and stuff all to find out that the mazda rx series has a history of flooding problems. so from what i remember people telling me, even when the car is off there is still pressure in the fuel line pumping fuel into the combustion chamber, which is not getting "Fired" so in turn it floods your engine. however the ONLY alternative is to pop the hood and take out (of the main fuse box), the first 30amp fuse. the one that say EGI COMP... this tells the ecu to stop pumping fuel into the line to the engine. Next (with the hood open and the fuse out) turn the car over for about 15 seconds not stop... this "dumps" the non-combusted fuel out of the engine. Then put the fuse back in the main fuse box and close the hood. get in the car and she should fire right up. once you do this for a while you will probably be like me and get a 60 amp switch...i got the nice shiny red one that looks like a NOS switch! hook it up to the positive leg of the EGI COMP fuse and everytime you get outta ur car flip the switch to the off position, and walah! no more popping the hood. come on people think about it... you know you want the shiny red one...lol

Old 03-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Default RE: rx- history

Please be aware that all vehicles hold fuel pressure when the engine is off. This eliminates long cranking (over 10 sec). The only way it would "flood" would be if the injectors would open when the key is off, this is basically impossible unless the pcm receives RPM signals. Also, not all RXs flood but they do run rich. Its their nature based on engine design.