Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

weird knoking when "taking off"...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Default weird knoking when "taking off"...

I got an 02 protege (40k in it) and I do all my regular maintenece, plus more. I have been feeling a strange knoking on the car when "taking off". By this I mean rapidly accelerating and shifting gears. I have visually inspected every single component of the suspension system, engine mounts, tranny mounts, etc. In the beguining (when the car was new and I did not wanted to"push -it" too hard) I tough that it was an intermittent clutch slippage. Now, I think that it may be related to either a bad cv joint, or a bad differential, maybe????? Any ideas???? I have not look into these parts yet. Could it be a bad sincromizer opn the tranny? remamber, the knoking I can feel it on the left floor board of the car.

second - who can tell me the correct camber angles for my specific car? I took it to the dealership when it had 9k miles becuase I was concerned that the tires where getting too "bald" on the inside.... I can tell just by looking at my car that the camber angle looks too "agressive" ...it really look like this /----\ The dealership told me that the alignemt was OK, but I never trusted them on this... now the OEM tires are almost new, if it was not for the "baldness" on the inside of the tires. Remember, fronty and rear camber degrees. Any good camber kits that I can buy????? any sugested websites??????

thanks,