Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Mazda Protege 2002 - Audio Jack Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Default Mazda Protege 2002 - Audio Jack Mod

Hey there everyone, first time posting and I've been searching the web for a while and have not found any good results so I am coming here to ask for some help.

I have a Mazda Protege 2002, stick shift and all that good stuff that I don't really matters to this sort of project.

But as for the audio system, I still have the original CD/Radio system in it with the secondary spot empty.

This picture is not of my car, but it has a similar audio set up in that the space between the volume and tune ***** is empty.

What I am trying trying to accomplish is to somehow rig up an Audio jack in which I could plug in my MP3 player into.

I have one of those mini radio broadcasters for my player, but there is too much data loss in the audio quality so I want to upgrade to something with a better sound.

I've got some electrical experience, having modded computer cases and electrical wirings to switches and LED devices, so I have some ideas on how the basics work. but I have no clue with where to start poking around with the hardware already installed in my dash.

Has anyone been able to do this on their own? Would I have to buy a kit?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 AM

unless your stock deck has the audio hookup aleady on it thats the only way it will work other than that, the deck is not set up to handle that kind of stuff, its really not even worth trying to rip apart the deck to see if you can hook one up if it doesn't already have one. what i would suggest doing is going and buying an aftermaket deck with the mp3/ipod hookup and getting a dashkit. If money is not really a problem get a double din 7" dvd deck that would really complement your set up.