Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

I do not know what a part it named so I cannot locate one

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Default I do not know what a part it named so I cannot locate one

This is for my 1997 Protege LX. The button that locks and unlocks all of the doors at once got pushed into the door when last I used it. I fished it out and in examining it I noticed that the plastic thing the switch sits in was broken. The switch works fine dangling on its wires but I do not really like how that looks so I want to repair it. I try to find parts, but I keep finding door lock actuators. I need to know what to call this part in order to find a replacement.

Ideally I only want to replace the plastic fitting that the switch rests in, but if I need to purchase the whole thing, I'll do that.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 PM

there is one of your body style at my work that i will be pulling some parts off of so i will check tomarrow if it has the switch and if it does i will post a picture of it to see if it will work for you.

i dont know if the color will matter but it is the grey interior

Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Beaufort Greene
This is for my 1997 Protege LX. The button that locks and unlocks all of the doors at once got pushed into the door when last I used it. I fished it out and in examining it I noticed that the plastic thing the switch sits in was broken. The switch works fine dangling on its wires but I do not really like how that looks so I want to repair it. I try to find parts, but I keep finding door lock actuators. I need to know what to call this part in order to find a replacement.

Ideally I only want to replace the plastic fitting that the switch rests in, but if I need to purchase the whole thing, I'll do that.

This may be what you're looking for. I have bought from here before and they sell genuine mazda parts. I believe you are looking for either number 14 or 17 or both... hope this helps.

http://www.mazdapartscenter.com/part...layCatalogid=0

Old 06-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Inwlf, thank you for finding that parts diagram for me. I need part #20, the Lock Switch. I cannot tell from the picture, but from the price it looks like the actual switch as well as the plastic housing are together.

Thanks again. Now I need to purchase the part and figure how to get the door panel off.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:21 PM

i have a 96 mazda protege lx and i need the switch and the plastic piece it sits in because the plastic piece broke and i threw it away and the switch was hanging. then eventually, the switch came off leaving the wires hanging and it wont stay connected to the wires when i try to connect it.