Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Hesitiation when accelarating.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Default Hesitiation when accelarating.

Hello all,

Changed the coolant sensor to resolve the P0170 fuel trim mixture code. New situation has started. When accelarating, the car doesn't want to respond. It drags in response to the engine reving. Once it gets going, it seems to be OK.

I hope somebody has some ideas or has expereinced something similar to my issues. I have no idea what to look for under these circumstances.

Help.....

Old 01-28-2010, 04:38 PM

has it allways done this or has this just started?

Old 01-29-2010, 11:32 AM

It started after I replaced the coolant sensor. I think that a possible vacuum leak and or the MAF sensor may be the culprit. What test can be done to isolate the problem? Any other areas that I maybe missing?

Thank you for your assistance.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:44 PM

look in the intake hose there is a little black hose that goes from the crank case to the air box on the intake for some reason this car seems to go though alot of these hoses and most of the time is the cause of a vaccum leak.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 AM

Thank you for that suggestion. I will take a look at this hose to see if there are any visible leaks and replace if necessary. Will keep you posted.

Thanks a million.