Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Help...protege restoration....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Default Help...protege restoration....

For my senior project Im going to be restoring a 1993 Mazda Protege to it's prime. Im getting for free from a friend because his daughter's boyfriend didn't know how to drive stick so he messed up the clutch so I'll be replacing the clutch. Along with that I'm going to be replacing the oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, coolant flush, replacing tach bulbs, cleaning the interior, tinting the windows, replacing all the exterior bulbs, clearing the tail lights, and painting the stock hubs. I was hoping some of you guys could give me some guides to doing all this. I have some ideas on how to do all this but I was hoping to get some insight from fellow protege owners.

So far ive got all the tint, spark plugs, plug wires, sand paper, spray paint, spray can clear, perfection clutch, oil filter, air filter, and fuel filter. I also got a 260pc mechanics craftsman toolchest, 3 ton floor jack, 2 jack stands, creeper, and my friend is bringing me his cherry picker. I'll be doing all this in my garage...anything else I need?

here's the car
Name:  0208091533_01.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  126.4 KB

Last edited by 1993DX; 03-05-2009 at 10:13 PM.