Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Hello, everyone :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Default Hello, everyone :)

I just discovered this forum after doing a search for my car, haha -- which is great! because I've a few questions for you all:

1) How do you remove that little box that goes under the stereo? It seems to be attached to a harness on the back or something. I don't want to break it, and it's really going to suck if I have to remove the entire dash.

2) How many here own an mp3? I've actually never come across another mp3 owner. I don't want to be the only one out there!

I'll upload a picture of the box I'm talking about in a few minutes, I need to get back to my car to take it.

Here it is:

If you've made it this far, thank you! I appreciate any and all help

--Dan

Last edited by Nephtis; 07-11-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Picture's up
Old 07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I am not exactly sure, but usually these things are held in w/clips. One has only to pull out or up to release the clips... in this case out would be the way. Look for any visible screws or bolts that may also be holding it in.
One thing I'm sure of is that you will not have to remove the entire dashboard to do it.
As for the harness, perhaps it is unused and just held in place there... going no where.
Or it could be tethered there to go to the stereo or heating control panel.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:03 PM

its held in by plastic tabs that are made on to the pocket, use a thin bladed flat screwdriver to help pry it out, if u are installing a new double din radio, it wont matter if u damage the pocket, cause most people throw away or lose the pockets. just be careful not to damage the trim bezel or break it. hope this helps.