Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

carguy

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Default carguy

I have a 1994 mazda protege lx 1.8 twin cam with automatic transmission. I had the ecm repaired and the distributor checked. I have no check engine light on with the key on. I have no spark and the fuel pump runs. I have no power to the scanner when it is connected to the diagnostic plug. The engine fuse is good. The igniter is good. Power to the computer is good. All grounds under hood are good. Can anyone give me any good advice where to check next.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:25 PM

do you have the key on just to when the dash lights turn on? when your scanning it but not so the car is running

Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Thanks for answering my post. I posted the question because I had the computer repaired and the person told me it was good to go. I instaled it and I had the same exact problem after installation. I spent days tracing wire voltages and checked all components and made repairs where needed. Then, after the frustration, I posted the problem. After waiting for a reply I went online and ordered another ecm and installed it. This one was out of a running vehicle. Turned on the key and had a check engine light. That was good to see so I cranked the engine and it started and the light went out. You never know what you get till you try it. This computer is not easy to find. Thanks again. I hope this post help other members.