Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

95 protege with p-1201 code and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Default 95 protege with p-1201 code and other problems

Thanks for reading my post and hopefully providing me with some advice on what's going with my car and how to repair it.

First began a while back when the overdrive light off started blinking while the care would be between 40 mph and faster. I didn't do it everytime. When it was blinking the automatic transmission would not shift accordingly. Engine would rev up high when I would give it gas but transmission would not shift. When this would happen I would have to stop the car completly for a few seconds then the o/d light off would stop blinking. Seems something would reset and the car would run fine for some time. The problem has progressed and now the car does not accelerate smoothly. Now it jerks or does not accelrate at all when I press the accelerator. Check engine light has now appeared.

With that said I took the car to a shop and they were getting a p0120( not sure of number but code was relating to TPS) , p1402and p1195codes. the shop Changed out the TPS but still doing the same thing. In fact the car got worse. Acceleration is the same and now the o/d light off begins to blink while the car is still parked. The shop looked into it and they can't figure it out so they have gave me back the car without fixing it. Yes they did give me back my money or at least the labor portion as the TPS was purchased.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
oa

Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Default RE: 95 protege with p-1201 code and other problems

hey alaniso

Iwork at a mazda dealer i will get you the codes and what they mean and try my best to help u dianosis your problem i get back to you tomarrow

lata