Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Me thinks my HUBS are Pooched!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Default Me thinks my HUBS are Pooched!

Hey there I'm new here, my name is chris, i live in Vancouver BC.

I've had a mazda B2600i 4x4 for over two years now, awesome little truck. Recently (the last three months or so) my hubs up and decide to lock on their own accord. Happened to me three times on the road, at high speed twice, it's been happening more and more, (I'm not the only one driving it). I'm not sure if it's the hubs themselves, or if it's a remote switch (it's a automatic locking hub). I don't even know if it has a remote switch, or for that matter if it's the springs I imagine are there holding the hubs back from locking.

Point is I don't want to take it all apart to look until I'm totally sure of what I'm looking for or at for that matter. Any help would be appreciated from more experienced and knowledgable fellas. yes I'm bowing and brown nosing in advance!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Default RE: Me thinks my HUBS are Pooched!

Hi Chris. I'm a fellow BC'er...

Anyway I think you may be on the right track with diagnosing your hub problem. I was under the impression that the auto hubs (the non electric ones) worked on centrifugal force. I think you need to back up a bit to have the hubs disengage when they are working normally, right? There must be some sort of retaining spring in there that keeps the hubs unlocked when travelling in 2wd at speed. I'd pop those caps off and check around inside to see if there was something obviously damaged.