Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

B2200 freezeup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Default B2200 freezeup?

I posted a while ago about my mazda B2200 not starting,and thought that it was the fuel pump?.Well after pouring a bottle of gasline antifreze into it,and towing it to the garage a couple days after that......it started right off when the mechanic started it.He checked for fire,in the wires leading to the tank,all good.He figured that it was froze up.It starts in real cold weather now..and starts so far,every day.
Something i might add. My tank was leaking this summer,and i had it taken down to patch it,and it was very bad on top.I think this may have gotten water into it..........so in the next couple days im getting a "used" good tank,and pump installed.hope this will end my problems.
Just a reminder to all.If it is cold and your truck wont start,,check for freezeup,and use gasline antifreeze.....things can freeze up....and it may only cost you a small bottle of the stuff to get you up and running again. Thank you all.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Default RE: B2200 freezeup?

Yea i use HEET about every third tankfull or so... If i remember that is. So far so good... This morning was about -25F so its cooold.....