Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

mx-3 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Default mx-3 help

well ive got a couple questions, first off i jsut bought a 1995 mx-3. its manual with about 104K on it. the guy said that its a california car? waht does this mean? also it has some weird problems i have no CEL but if you drive the car hard it burns some oil (white smoke form the hood) also when you give it gas it liek sputters and wants to die but it doesnt

can anyone help me with this? we changed the oil, change the sprak plugs, cleaned the maf sensor, and got a new PVC valve. we will soon get a new fuel filter and plug wires

Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Default RE: mx-3 help

so absolutly no one can help me with this problem?

Old 10-28-2007, 03:48 PM

If you can smell burning oil at the same time as the smoke it is probly oil leaking from the valve cover. Same thing happened to my MX6. Oil started leaking on to the exhaust manifold. Stupid easy to fix if thats the case.As far as all the other stuff I have no idea sorry dude.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:50 PM

Californa car means came from there. You should check your timming no idea if thats the problem but can't hurt to try.