Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Default help

I got a 94 Mx3.....when I have below a half tank of gas...every time I take a right my car cuts out.... I mean like I can't even rev the eng while holding the clutch.....After a few seconds it will come back on sometimes....other times i got completely restart the car..... and ideas or suggestions....

Old 07-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Default RE: help

I had the same problem with a 94 626. Was losing fuel pressure, had water in tank, every time you turned right, the water would
enter fuel pick up reservoir, couldn't go thru low pressure filter sox. You can access the fuel pump without pulling the tank. Remove
rear seat cushion, pull up on front edge. There are two clips. Remove cover with four screws and wire harness. This next part is best
done outside, because of the fuel smell & some leakage. Mark the fuel hoses, should be two. Next you have to remove some small
machine screws, if rusty apply penetrating oil and get a good screwdriver. These screws when rusty are easy to strip or break off.
Pull pump out, may have to turn, be careful not to bend float arm. Check the filter when use flash light look in tank, if there's water
or other contamination, it'll be on the bottom.
The other possibly is a wiring problem. With the engine running have a friend turn the wheels to the right, you may have to do several
time. Watch the engine wire harnesses for movement. Next wiggle the harnesses, don't get too rough. If it stalls, work that harness
when separate wires.
Do the wire thing first, it's the easious. Good Luck

Old 07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Default RE: help

problem solved...thanks alot