Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

MPV power sliding door problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Default MPV power sliding door problem

I just bought an 05 MPV, we love it other than one big concern. Thedrive side power sliding door opens about 2" then stops, other times it opens fine. What concerns me most is that over big bumps or tight turns I can hear the rear latch cycling, like it does when it initially closes. Leaving me wondering if it's not latched securely. (I've only had it a short time and am unsure if the intermittent operation is weather related as others here seem to suffer from, it is winter in WI yet.)

I'm going to bring it in to the dealer but am reluctant since they may not cover it under warranty if they realize it's a "rebuilt salvage" title. It was struck by a motorcycle in the rear on the other (psg) side this side seems to have no signs of the damage that I can find clues of on the other side that works fine. All the pillars and tracksare fine. They did such good work and it was at such a steal of a price I had to look by the history. And I had another body shop ensure it was straight in addition to it passing the state inspection.

So I'd like to understand how to adjust the door in case the dealer won't do it under warranty and wants a small fortune to do it, and either way I'd just like to better understand the system to help diagnose it. Any exploded views or drawings would be great. It does look like there is a .05" gap between the contacts (only on the faulty side) and the foam gasket so the door maybe isn't fully forward.

Any details on tsb 0904004 for 05 MPV power sliding doors? At least more than below....

Thanks!! Great site!! Sorry so wordy.
dietz

Date: 11/23/2004
Component Name: 162300 STRUCTURE:BODYOOR
NHTSA #: 0904004
SUMMARY: POWER SLIDING DOOR (PSD) SYSTEM SERVICE TIPS DUE TO INOPERATIVE OR IMPROPER POWER SLIDING DOOR (PSD) OPERATION. *TT
Date: 11/23/2004
Component Name: 162300 STRUCTURE:BODYOOR