Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

MPV 2004 middle seats removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Avi
Unhappy MPV 2004 middle seats removal

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas,

Last week I bought a mazda mpv 2004. I wanted to remove the middle seats but without success. when I read in the manual how I am supposed to do it it shows there should be a bar I can lift at the bottom back side of the seats and then I should be able to lift them out of their place. instead, my seats have some kind of clips and all I managed to do is fold them and detach their bottom back side. the car is a fresh import, is it possible the seats are fixed and can't be removed?

please help!
thank you!

Old 12-28-2016, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

They will be bolted in place. There most likely will be plastic trims covering the bolts.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Avi
Hi everyone and Merry Christmas,

Last week I bought a mazda mpv 2004. I wanted to remove the middle seats but without success. when I read in the manual how I am supposed to do it it shows there should be a bar I can lift at the bottom back side of the seats and then I should be able to lift them out of their place. instead, my seats have some kind of clips and all I managed to do is fold them and detach their bottom back side. the car is a fresh import, is it possible the seats are fixed and can't be removed?

please help!
thank you!
My 2004 has a bar behind the seats that you pull up then the seat will rotate forward and lift out. Make sure the driver/passenger seats are moved forward.