Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Default RE: alarm problem

I just want to say thanks on this topic. My 2001 was doing the exact same thing. I went out and disconnected the hood switch and sat there for 5 minutes playing with the remote. Every time I hit lock or unlock, it responded. I'm going to leave it unhooked until Wednesday when I take it to my mechanic. (before I disconnected it, the lock button wouldn't respond)

Hopefully this saves me some money so they don't have to search for the problem. My mechanic only charges me his cost for parts. I've sent a lot of people his way and we've taken our cars to him for the past 8 years.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Default problem solved

I fixed my randomly beeping alarm that was driving me and everybody in the neighborhood crazy. The problem turned out to be a bad door jam switch. The part I had to replace is called the body side junction switch, which on my model has eight spring loaded rods. One of the rods got bent and didn't make a good connection. Sometimes it did, and at random times the alarm would go off. This part is available at the dealers for around $90 (part # LC62-66-5B0H). It is specific to the side of the car. The passenger side is designated RH (right hand?) and the driverside is LH. To change the switch is not hard. Remove the two 8 mm screws, pull out the switch. The wires lead to a white harness connector. Through the opening, take a flat head long neck screwdriver and pop off the harnessl connector from the far wall. Pull it up to the opening with the wires and disconnect it by pushing the plastic lever. Then pop in the new one and put it all back together. No more alarm problems.

Last edited by zorro; 10-18-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:40 AM

I have been having alarm probs with my 2001 premacy, the alarm goes off whenever it feels like it, sometimes after 5 mins and other times longer, it only stays on for 10 minutes or so and then thats it. Have had to disconn the horn as i can manage the lights on and off. Some car sparks say its a power surge.

Mazda say they can have a look at Ł74 an hour labour plus whatevers wrong, im a mature student so no way can we afford that, anyone any ideas, i would consider disconn the alarm alltogether but not sure if this would affect central locking

Old 12-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Default response to jalexruss

I know what you are going through. The neighbors are probably pissed (annoyed as hell).
check the following:
- battery. If the battery is near death, this could cause the problem.

- the hood alarm switch. This is easy to disconnect. It's located on the left side as you stand facing the open hood (or bonnet, if you are English.).

- the door jam switches. See my post above. If a rod looks bent, this is your problem.

These are three easy to check and fairly cheap to fix possible problems. Good luck.
Happy holidays.

Last edited by zorro; 12-25-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Default security light not coming on

Babyhuey? I have seen you post on lots of forums and really need your help. I have a 2000 mpv and replaced the ecm. Now when we went to program the keys the security light on dash does not come on at all. we need this light to come on in order to program it. we have the passcode to do so. What would make the security light not come on at all? bad immobilizer unit? your feed back would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 AM

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the contact switch on the sliding door. This switch is located on the door jab of each sliding door. If the contacts look at all bent, you need to replace this switch. If it is dirty, try cleaning it.

Below is a copy of a post I put up last year on how I fix my problem:
"I fixed my randomly beeping alarm that was driving me and everybody in the neighborhood crazy. The problem turned out to be a bad door jam switch. The part I had to replace is called the body side junction switch, which on my model has eight spring loaded rods. One of the rods got bent and didn't make a good connection. Sometimes it did, and at random times the alarm would go off. This part is available at the dealers for around $90 (part # LC62-66-5B0H). It is specific to the side of the car. The passenger side is designated RH (right hand?) and the driverside is LH. To change the switch is not hard. Remove the two 8 mm screws, pull out the switch. The wires lead to a white harness connector. Through the opening, take a flat head long neck screwdriver and pop off the harnessl connector from the far wall. Pull it up to the opening with the wires and disconnect it by pushing the plastic lever. Then pop in the new one and put it all back together. No more alarm problems."

Good luck.

Last edited by zorro; 09-11-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Default RE alarm issue

thanks for posting Zorro, that may be of use, i will have a look weather permitting tonight, tho i dont have sliding door model

much obliged

J