Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

1992MazdaMpv::transmission??

Old 08-29-2005, 11:13 PM
CPT
Default 1992MazdaMpv::transmission??

Hello: I am desperate,,bought the van,2000.00,,,replaced the motor,,1800.00,, now i have a problem with the drivetrain.. I am driving the van at 110klms per hour and i feel a pop,,thats all,,seems i lost overdrive,,thats what i thought.. When i get to my friends i have no reverse or 1st gear,,, i cant even pull the van backwards,,its locked up.. I sold the van and told the new owner he needs to instal a transmission,, now he has done that and the van is still the same,,, locked up and no reverse,,he is upset of course,, i have to make this right,, I am ready to shoot myself, as i dont sell bad vehicles or lie about them,, Has anyone had this happen and can anyone tell me what the problem is,, here where i am,, many people are very dishonest,, and i cant afford much more, i am so discouraged,,, CAN SOMEONE HELP: chris at Yahoo: ( forgot03@yahoo.ca )) I hope someone can give me some info in a hurry please..;;[][][]

Old 09-01-2005, 04:14 AM
Default RE: 1992MazdaMpv::transmission??

I do think you were being dishonest in telling the new owner that a transmission was needed. Here they would have probably told you that it had a blown fuse that needed replaced!!! You were honest in telling the buyer that you thought it needed a transmission replaced because that was what you thought was wrong. Nothing wrong with that. The transmission of early MPV is very weak and very prone to failure so had you posted before selling would have advised the same diagnosis. I do not have any idea what is wrong with your van but do not blame yourself as being dishonest. If anything you are a very honerable person who is now trying to figure out what went wrong with the transmission in a vehicle that you sold with good intention. Best advise I can give is to take to transmission shop and see what they have to say. You are OK CPT. Very honest and doing the best you can to sell vehicle with best info you have. If only all sellers had the care you have if the cars they sell everyone would be in heaven!!