Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

YIKES! Should I Even Consider Buying One?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:29 PM
mje
Default YIKES! Should I Even Consider Buying One?

I'm considering buying a 2000 Millenia S with 80.000 miles. But after reading all these horror stories about stuff going wrong them I'm definitely having second thoughts. The car would cost me 7995.00. Should I walk away?

Old 08-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Default RE: YIKES! Should I Even Consider Buying One?

Well..i have 2002 mazda millenia and except few problems i never had any problem with this car. i have driven this car 15k and it runs really strong plus the options, shape, style are great as compared to the price you pay. I tell ya one thing, Mazda is very expensive on maintenance. Specially S engine. If you can spend money to maintain please go for that else look for another car.
2nd part..ummm i dont know why would you make your decision reading problems on this forum because if you go to BMW forum or MERCER.BENZ forum , you will find same horrifying stories.
Somali

Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Default RE: YIKES! Should I Even Consider Buying One?

we have 2 99s'. black one we bought new. white one we bought used, 2 yrs ago with 68k for 8k. fanatically maintained. both cars have had axles replaced. black car has had all 6 coils(174/ea), alternator belt tensioner(325.), ball joints(i think they fubar'd them when they did the axles, which didnt last, and i ended up doing the axles myself-shoulda done it in the first place), driver's upper and lowr seat heater, coolant resevoir, and one vacuum tee(564 installed, dealer-YIKES!). black car has 87k, white car has 81k. white car has had driver's lower seat heater, and will soon need an o2 sensor. depending on the condition, 8k is a fair price. they dont have squat for resale, so if you buy it, you will have to keep it to get your money's worth. i think they are great cars. excellent build quality-this car is made in japan, and it shows. compare it to the 626(which we had before the millenia), built here in the us, and you will see why japan is so far ahead. excellent handling-multi link suspension, excellent brakes. nice interior, but no fold down rear seat(ski hole-lotta good that does me). nice bose sound. excellent a/c.
downside? i think there is too much road noise. i would like a split fold down rear seat, and the 626 had this really nice oscillating center vent(the ONLY good feature i can think of), the millenia is fixed. the outer skin is very fragile. the paint is outstanding, but there are no protective mouldings, and the skin dings really easily. no full size spare(we have since gotten full size spares, there is enough room for one), and if you have the 17" wheels, the donut is a joke.
if you cannot do some of the maintenance yourself, this car can cost you. i have done all the maintenance(plugs, coils, axles, seat heaters, belt tensioner) myself, except for the vacuum tee, which i will do myself the next time. on the other forum(mazdaworld.org) there are some scary stories about dealer service.