Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Urgent tranny help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Default Urgent tranny help

My 99mazda M S has tranny leak, and posted my problem several times, and never got a response from any of the tech people here. can any body suggest me if there are any cheap mazda mechanics in chicago area? when I showed it to a regular mechanic, he said the case is broken, and a bolt is loose in the tranny just above the case. its a bad leak, and planning to get it rebuilt tranny from junk yard. what do you think guys? any body from chicago area who can fix my tranny!!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Urgent tranny help

The junkyard route sounds likethe cheapest and fastest fix to me. Perhaps the safest too. They should give you at least a DOA warranty w/it.
But I dunno Chicago to save my life.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:14 AM

Most likelyits not your tranny. Does your wheels click during exceleration? It's probably your axle...believe it or not. Its directly connected tot he transmission. If it isnt secured in (broken) the transmission will leak out especially when it get warmed up.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:15 PM

your's supercharge engine right, i think it's uses the Nissan tranny, close to a Maxima, if your case is broken, you said a bolt broken above the case,sound like a servo cover, for the reverse band,now was your tranny working ok before ? if so you might want to have it tow to the transmission shop and have them look at it, transmission is their specialtyright, most of the time they're better than a backyard mechanic sometimes they can get around and fix it up w/out pulling it out of the car,if it's a servo that's broken just tell them that you just want to patch it up w/ no warranty, if they can't do that, because the damage's to bad, then you can look around for a used one from the junkyard, it's hard to find a rebuilt one from junkyard, most of them will come w/warranty, but parts only, no labor, don't buy the cheapest then if it's doesn't work then you'll have to pay for them to R&R time again, OR you can have the tranny shop rebuilt you tranny for a COMPLETE PRICE, it will come w/ a basic 1 year 12,000 mile warranty, and you can buy more if you want to keep then car longer 3yrs, or lifetime for like 30% of your total price.