Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

TCS ON/OFF - MAZDA MILLENIA

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Default RE: TCS ON/OFF - MAZDA MILLENIA

Ok! The only thing I can tell you is hopefully while going through the diagnostics for the Code 82 you will find the problem. Can you better discribe the sluggish/jerking motion! Also dont give up on my idea about the vacumm situation. It took my car almost50 miles before it set the code, but it had nothing to due with TCS OFF light.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:30 PM

2000, no doubt! I have forwarded the color-coded vacuum diagram for the "S" model that I found.
Believe me, I'm leaving no stone unturned because after 2 weeks and taking my car back 3 times for the same issue is a pain in the neck.

The jerking motion - does fine when I accelerate up until maybe I get to 60 mph. Then, it jerks violently while slowing down and the TCS lights come on. Once I ease off the pedal, it eases and coasts so I'm fine. Once I begin to accelerate again, jerking motion. I stop and shut the car off/on and no more TCS lights. I try to accelerate, but this time - say I'm in 1st gear going to 2nd - jerking motion. Ease off the pedal and I can accelerate a little. Nothing over 60 mph, though.

Hope that helps a bit more.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:01 PM

That sounds alot like what my car was doing, but I never noticed the 1st to 2nd gear-jerking motion.
This is from Mazda.org
First of all I realize there are lots of answers related to the famous TCS light on, jerking at 2000
RPM problem CEL with P1540 code posts with answers on the site.

Every TCS/OFF incident I can think of was vacuum related. Keep driving with it flashing until the CEL comes on, if it's on, just keep driving. Usually it takes a while for the CEL to come on after the TSC/OFF lights have come on. You should get a 1526 or 1540 code eventually. The intake temp sensor may be problematic, but is unrelated to the TCS.[/align]

Old 04-25-2007, 09:49 PM

Was certainly only kidding about the can of worms crack there 2000s.I would however love to discover a way to just disable the TCS system by pulling a fuse or snipping a wire. How is your's doing by the way. No more TCS lights I hope??

Would also have to very much agree on concentrating efforts on the vacuum line routing and checking the 3 or 4 tees that are part of the ABV system and rest of the components. I have even heard that using a tee that is too large or too small in diameter can affect the system adversely. That color coded vacuum routing diagram is very nice. I have the same diagram in factory manual but without the nice color coding.

I see the info that 2000s has posted up and if you would like to also get ahold of the Troubleshooting chart for the 82 code from the factory shop manual then just PM me with a fax number and willsend it off to you. I have also recently discovered that there is a restrictive orifice that you can install in the ABV vent solenoid line that is supposed to help desensitize the system. Might want to consider installing it when all of vacuum routing and tees are being checked. Part number from Mazda is 8318-13-986 and only retails for $3.50. It would be installed in the vacuum line that comes out of the top of the ABV vent solenoid but before the tee and fairly close to the solenoid. Dark green line in the color diagram.
Here is a link to that great color diagram as well for reference.

http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.p...st&id=1359

Old 04-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Babyhuey, thanks for that info. I'll certainly pass it along to the owner.
Babyhuey, 2000, and kennin - ok, latest update (4/27) - owner says he did the testing for the Code 82 that 2000 attached and stated the wiring came back ok (with continuity). Based on what the manual page says, it points toward the PCM. However, he states that he doesn't think that the PCM is bad or would go out (otherwise, there would be more Millenias that would have problems with the PCM).
I, again, stated what you guys have stated about the vacuum leaks and/or routing and he confirmed they have followed the diagram for the vacuum "S".
He stated that he will consult with another mechanic before moving foward. He's had the car over a week now and I'm getting pretty frustrated without my car. [:@]

Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 PM

**************RESOLUTION*******************
Ok, picked my car up yesterday but was told they took the Millenia S to another shop.
The other shop repaired whatever the problem was and delivered the car back to them.
So, I have NO resolution as to what the problem was with the TCS lights.
Bummer because I definitely wanted to share that info.
However, knock on wood, I'll let you all know if I have anymore problems.
I am assuming that it was something small like a vacuum leak that you guys stressed but maybe they didn't want to admit after 1 month of having the car.
Thanks everyone and I'll keep you posted (special thanks: 2000 and BabyHuey)

Old 05-01-2007, 05:24 PM

the reason they dont want to say, is because they sold you a transmission for no reason. you should find out what was done. they are afraid of you suing them.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:37 PM

Ok, thanks Keninn.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:47 PM

another reason to find out where they took it, is so that you can take your car there from now on.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 PM

That is great news vanesco. [sm=groupwave.gif]

It is too bad that you were never able to confirm exactly what the final resolution was. Would be neat to know. Agreed with kennin about taking car to the shop that was able to repair that quickly. Sounds like they are on the ball.

Quick Reply: TCS ON/OFF - MAZDA MILLENIA