Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Slipping trans

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Default Slipping trans

(I'll try to get the codes tomorrow - the reader won't connect)

Now, I'll start by stating that this has been going on for almost two years;
Trans slips into all gears with HOLD OFF but, will shift just peachy when HOLD ON.
Basically, I've been drivingher like a manual. Shifting with the stick however, this is getting to be a pain in the ***! Especially, when I leave her in third for 60 miles in the morning. (forget to run overdrive and suck down more precious gas)

Any suggestions before I drop the powertrain and fit 'er with a rebuilt transmission?

Old 09-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Default RE: Slipping trans

Still no codes ... I'm thinking something is wrong with the interface. (unable to negotiate error)

???????

Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 AM
CHR

Check the solenoid pack. Non-shifting automatic cars usually have a problem with the solenoid, selectors (inside the bell-housing), or for front-wheel drive cars, it might be the speed sensor which is usually located on the wheel. Speed sensors indicate when a car should shift to a certain gear. It seems that you have a speed sensor problem. Check your local Napa or car dealer for this part. Installation should be easy. I hope this helps.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:26 PM

Thanks CHR.

I'm assuming that the solenoid pack investigation will require me to remove the transaxle? (I've had plans on removing it soon)
I still can't get the dam codes out. I ended up erasing them over the weekend to see it they/it would reapear. (disconnected the battery) And, sure enough ... it's back.
As soon as I get the code (somehow) it should point me in some direction.