Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Millenia 2001 still being PITA

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Default Millenia 2001 still being PITA

I posted this as a reply to my old post but thought it better to start a new one:
You can refer to old one if you want history but Keninn should know the story
Problem was massive missing in the engine.

Hello Folks:

So here's what we've done to the car:

1. Replaced all oxygen sensors (they were carboned out and it was too hard to tell if they were working, plus they were due to be replaced)
2. Checked spark plugs (they are the size and brand Keninn suggested) I will be honest we did not check the 6th (the hardest one to get to but I have documentation that says the shop replaced them and I believe they did)
3. cored the precats - they are cored and the temperature reading on both of them is even

After we took these steps the car was not doing the missing problem I described. It sat there idling for 30 minutes fine, then we drove it a mile and a half and it started doing the stuttering (missing) again.

I am at a loss.

I will say it does not miss when you slow down the car like it did before. And it seems to be running better, but it is still missing in a sort of lurching sluggish motion. What is going on?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ryan

PS - The car seems to do better when it is cold. My bro also wanted to know if the supercharger may not be kicking in when it needs to. There is no smoke from it but could the supercharger not be engaging properly?

Car just gets bad when it heats up.

Thanks,

Ryan

Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 AM

is the check engine lite on? if so, what are the codes?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Default Hey Keninn

Here's what I got:

Codes:

P1402

and

P0302

I called my bro with the definitions on each code and he called me back tonight at midnight and was like, "Dude, I got it. The exhaust was making a weird noise when I drove it last and I couldn't figure it out since the exhaust was fine when I inspected but it has to be a blown head gasket through which exhaust is blowing through!"

He says he's 90 percent sure and he'll inspect tomorrow but if you have other ideas lemme know.

Thank you Ken,

Ryan

Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by ryanjeanes
Here's what I got:

Codes:

P1402 egr valve position sensor open or short. did you plug it back in all the way?

and

P0302 misfire, cyl 2. since this is easy to get to, i would swap the coil with 4 or 6 and see if the miss follows. if it stays on 2, then plug. if it follows, then coil. if both miss, then plug and coil.

I called my bro with the definitions on each code and he called me back tonight at midnight and was like, "Dude, I got it. The exhaust was making a weird noise when I drove it last and I couldn't figure it out since the exhaust was fine when I inspected but it has to be a blown head gasket through which exhaust is blowing through!"

He says he's 90 percent sure and he'll inspect tomorrow but if you have other ideas lemme know.

Thank you Ken,

what does bro do for a living? cause i KNOW he dont work on cars

Ryan
good luck