Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

sensors

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Default sensors

hi everyone, i just came from my mechanic and he told me that my car is losing power couse my oxigen sensor is not working, so how he said sensor 1 and 2 bank 1 are not giving any data to computer and that is problem, so i just want to ask can i trust him and is it possible that that is problem??
is it expensive to change that, couse we didint talk about price, i just went for diagnostic, and i didint pay couse i know him, but only i wouldn't like to buy them and then somethig new comes up like a problem, and anyway what is the price for those sensors, or whats the price range?
Thaks Danijel

Old 06-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Default RE: sensors

I have replaced two 02 sensors. It cost me about $450 each (in Canada) and now the dealership tells me I have to replace the catalytic converter for about $1,500.00. I don't know if replacing the 02 sensors did anything. Good luck.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Default RE: sensors

definately shop around before buying the sensors, chances are that you can pick them up cheaper than $450, and the catalytic convertor, I hate that places are still charging that much for those darn things. I had to have one replaced on my old pickup and it only cost me a mere 75 dollars. It was a cheap part, and nearly universal, but catalytic convertors have definately come a long way, and should be substantially cheaper than when they were first starting to go out and be replaced. I would not spend 1500 bucks on one, shop around online and buy one there, then take it to a muffler shop and have them install it, altogether you shouldnt spend anymore than 200 MAX, thats my two cents.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Default oxigen sensor

Hi, try Arlington Mazda parts.They have the oxygen sensor for a good price

Old 02-12-2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by danijel
hi everyone, i just came from my mechanic and he told me that my car is losing power couse my oxigen sensor is not working, so how he said sensor 1 and 2 bank 1 are not giving any data to computer and that is problem, so i just want to ask can i trust him and is it possible that that is problem??
is it expensive to change that, couse we didint talk about price, i just went for diagnostic, and i didint pay couse i know him, but only i wouldn't like to buy them and then somethig new comes up like a problem, and anyway what is the price for those sensors, or whats the price range?
Thaks Danijel
do you have a millenia? if so, which engine? and if you do have a millenia, that diagnosis is so full of crap his eyes are brown. he is guessing, and badly. is the ce lite on? if so, what codes are stored? and i mean the actual number, not someones opinion on what they mean

Old 02-12-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by skiman
I have replaced two 02 sensors. It cost me about $450 each (in Canada) and now the dealership tells me I have to replace the catalytic converter for about $1,500.00. I don't know if replacing the 02 sensors did anything. Good luck.
do you have a 2.3? if so, the 2.3 has precats. they are part of each exhaust manifold, and are not sold separate. here is what it looks like:

1995-2002 MAZDA Millenia 2.3L MANIFOLD CATALYTIC CONVERTER FIREWALL SIDE 519132

that is an aftermarket cat, and it will work just as good as a factory mazda one. you should not be going to the dealer for work on your car. they are about a dumbfounded with a millenia as most independent shops are, especially the 2.3. most shops have never seen a millenia, and have no experience. to install either precat on a 2.3 involves a lot more labor than most other cars. if you cannot do work like this on your millenia, you should get rid of the car. it will eat your lunch

Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by bdmazda
definately shop around before buying the sensors, chances are that you can pick them up cheaper than $450, and the catalytic convertor, I hate that places are still charging that much for those darn things. I had to have one replaced on my old pickup and it only cost me a mere 75 dollars. It was a cheap part, and nearly universal, but catalytic convertors have definately come a long way, and should be substantially cheaper than when they were first starting to go out and be replaced. I would not spend 1500 bucks on one, shop around online and buy one there, then take it to a muffler shop and have them install it, altogether you shouldnt spend anymore than 200 MAX, thats my two cents.
yah? well, you should stick with your trucks, because your 2 cents are worthless. a 2.3 millenia has precats. and there aint no muffler shop in the world that can replace them. and there aint no universal cat that will work. obviously, you have never even SEEN a millenia