Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

NO START! Any Master Techs here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 AM

I'm hearing & trying all ur recommendations guys..plz keep them coming..ur a good group of freak..like me !! ..wife say I'm spending more money on my milly than on her ..don't hear her, is exaggerating !!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:15 AM

NICE FIND!! i foregot to hooked up that connector one time and my car started but was running like it had 1 or 2 cylenders.scared the crap out of me! didnt even think of that but sounds like that should take care of alot. i get the same thing from the misses "why did you buy that car?" it is a bear to keep running,especially with 180,000 miles.but when it runs its the best car ive ever had.as a matter of fact im leaving now for my saturday morning drive along rt66 in oklahoma.get it up to about....well you know,get the cobwebs out.my only suggestion would be check codes and go from there .. replace vacuum hoses and T,s and check/replace both the abv solenoids if the codes come up.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:59 PM

code report bad knock sensor........I'm hearing an ugly sound coming from the right side of the engine bay..proly the water pump or a pulley from the ign belt sys..Already ordered the ks & belt repair kit, including water pump. I don't believe this will take care of the cel issue but I'm gonna start from there (it needs the maintenance any way) ..what about if I test-change the cps ???..is possible this sensor is starting to go & don't be detected by scanner ?? oh ! happy weeeeeing !! on ur ride !!

Last edited by wilfredom; 06-26-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:15 AM

A full set of parts 4 changing timing belt, water pump, damper, etc, arrived yesterday & I'm deciding who's gonna do the work ..not a "2nd hand" here ..
Meanwhile, was trying to get more info 4 troubleshoot & thanks to perseverance heard a serial of "relay's click" 's kinda sound that came from "main Relay" from the inner side of the right fender, near the main fuse box & also from the radiator area... mmmm, think I'm getting closer to my problem.. as today..think is a wrong signal from a sensor that is part of the "before starting security process" ... only if ... ????.....

Old 07-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Today I took my mill to a shop that specialize in racing vehicles (There was nissan Skyline, right handed, for tune up !!) for a change of timing belt, knock sensor, etc, etc
lets see next week how it works outs...meanwhile, also got the mitchel book to check the squematics...maybe I can learn something about ign sys....if interested, keep reading this tread...labor & parts as today: $650.00

Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 PM

For the records : problem was solved by changing a green relay on the main fuse panel...and also changed the knock sensor just to forget there was red signal there for more than 4 years ...I'm happy

Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM

hey any updates on this problem? I have the same tcs & tcs/off coming on randomly followed by rpm fluctuation. Also my car intermittently doesnt start on warm starts. Any ideas?

I have a 1997 millenia 2.5l. changed the ignition coil, cap, rotor, spark wires, plugs, o2 sensors, camshaft sensor. Currently i have no codes on the car.

Last night i did notice the IAC valve/sensor was making a whirring noise, when the car was off (after it wouldnt start) I disconnected the sensor, and the noise stopped. When I re-connected the sensor (no more sound) the car started up fine. This happened again about an hour later, and then I repeated the steps, and the car started up. Could it be the IAC causing the intermittent no start on a warm start?