Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

New to the site need help bad!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Default New to the site need help bad!

Hey everybody new to the site!I have a 1999 Millineia with 122,000 miles this past week on my way home i went to pass a car pressed the accelator and the car started to go then died out still under full throttle it will start to accelarate then die down like its going to cut off.easing into the throttler it would go but to much gas and it would do it agian.I put the stuff in to get rid of water and replaced fuel filter,then had someone check the timeing and fuel pressure both where good he told me that the catalytic converter was stoped up.Changed that and it still does it.Since i changed the catalytic converter it does better but still doesent go like it should.Then today on the way home from work it started agian.When the car is cold it doesent do this but once it warms up this is my problem.PLEASE if any of you can help or have any ideas Please let me know!Im second owner and have run 93 octane since i bought it!

Old 06-12-2010, 03:49 PM

2.3 or 2.5?
check engine lite on? flashing?
tcs off/tcs lites on?

this is classic symptoms for a 2.3 that has vacuum leaks, and/or bad vacuum and/or vent solenoid or circuit. car is going into limp home mode. scanned codes will be 1525/26 and 1540

Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Heres the kicker it flashed the code for the catalytic converter an 0400 i think.On top of this my car never flashed the check engine light im getting into a whole new set of worms with that its starting to look like the dealer i bought the car from removed the check engine light.A new thing is we checked the intake boot behind the mass airflow sensor and it had dry rotted and was leaking ive ordered the part.Noy sure if thats the problem but it does need replaceing.Its the 2.5 keninn.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by nra8016
Heres the kicker it flashed the code for the catalytic converter an 0400 i think.On top of this my car never flashed the check engine light im getting into a whole new set of worms with that its starting to look like the dealer i bought the car from removed the check engine light.A new thing is we checked the intake boot behind the mass airflow sensor and it had dry rotted and was leaking ive ordered the part.Noy sure if thats the problem but it does need replaceing.Its the 2.5 keninn.
well, if air is getting by the mas, then it is not accounted for. so when you floor it, the intake sucks in more air, but the mas dont see it, so it dont get more fuel. i dont think there is a code for this, so the lite would not illuminate. 0400 is egr, a common problem in this engine. and to check the ce lite, just turn on the ignition, not start, and all the lites on the dash lite up. if ce is not there, you might have a legal case against the dealer.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:11 PM

Like ive said the only time it does it is when the car gets to temp cold it doesent do it so would the egr have anything to do with this.I have done that the check engine lite the washer fluid and its another thing on there looks like traction lite im not sure what it is none of them illuminate.This is my d&d im willing to try anything i appreciate your help keninn

Old 06-13-2010, 02:18 PM

By the way im thinking that guy couldnt have pulled the dash apart to ge to the instrament cluster what wires or fuses do i need to check to see if they've beeen tampered with

Old 06-13-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by nra8016
By the way im thinking that guy couldnt have pulled the dash apart to ge to the instrament cluster what wires or fuses do i need to check to see if they've beeen tampered with
i dont have any experience with removing the dash. try the other forum, there are some there who have.

http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.php?showforum=27

Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Either way thanks a bunch Keninn if you where here id by you 12 beers not one as it turns out a good bud of mine had a similar prob with his 98 and he said it was the egr this was after the shop had him change his fuel filter and catalytic converter.I have heard that you can clean them and get them working agian if youv heard of this let me know if its a good idea or is just buying another the best route to go

Old 06-13-2010, 09:28 PM

to bad he waited two weeks after i posted this on facebook to let me know!

Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 AM

yes, cleaning the egr first is always advisable. but it is not only the valve, there are ports going to the t/bdy, too. go to the other site, i think there is a how to on it. we dont have a 2.5, so i dont have any input on how to clean it. i have done it to other cars. also, even if you get a new egr, you still will need to clean out more than just the valve, so you would have to do it anyway, plus be out the cash.

Quick Reply: New to the site need help bad!