Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

knock sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Default knock sensor wiring

this is not the first time i'm posting about this stupid knock sensor problem, i was digging around my engine and found that there was a wire that was ripped out from somewhere and i was thinking that it was a knock sensor wire (white wire). can anyone tell me if the knock sensor wire is white and where does it get connected. i have a 1998 milly v6 2.5. please help me with this. i've been trying to solve this problem for such a long time, haha. thanks in advance guys!

Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Default RE: knock sensor wiring

anybody?

Old 06-01-2008, 05:24 PM

I have a 98 Milly also. I beleive the 98 is the only Milly with a white wire to the knock sensor. You said it was ripped out, this white wire plugges into the wire harness next to the left side of the throtle body. If it is connected to the wire harness and was ripped out of the knock sensor it self, your SOL. The knock sensor it self is screwed directly to the block between the 2 valve heads. To see it, look down between the front down tubes of the intake manifold (look between the 1st and 2nd tube). With a flash light look down passed the fuel rails and you'll see a stright pipe going from left to right. This is part of your cooling system. Look just under that pipe, you should be able to see a quarter of the top of the knock sensor. When you see it you'll know why your SOL. This job is really long, expensive and difficult. If you plan to do it your self, just go ahead and change all the gaskets. This will cost you, but it will be a long term life saver. Hope this helped.Somewhere in this forum is a parts list with all that isneeded for this job.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 PM

You don't need superman vision to see it. If you need pics I can attach some.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:45 PM

sorry you were talking about the 2.5 the 2.3 is impossible to see the knock sensor i should have read better

Old 07-27-2008, 07:14 PM

i have never done this job YET, but with 2 2.3's, i know i will soon. several of the posts i have read about it say you need a special socket, which i went and got.
it cost about 30 bucks, but it would SUCK to get in that far, and have to stop because a special tool is needed. even worse, it dont quite go back together,
but you reassemble anyway, and it dont work, then you gotta go back in again.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:25 AM

thanks a lot guys, but i still can't find the harness where the wire suppose to go, can anybody show me a diagram or a picture where the harness from the knock sensor suppose to go, thanks

Old 08-18-2008, 01:40 PM

Attached are some pics. From the throttle body under the TPS should be a white single wire that runs under the fuel rail to about the middle of the left bank.I tried to mark the pics to help. I had this same problem with my 98 milli. Since it was a big job i set it aside for later. Later i had a bad timing tensioner that i replaced and udjusted the timing and the knock sensor obdii code never returned. Make sure the timing is good. Hope this helps.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:55 PM

omg, you dont' know how much this helps! thanks a lot. but now i have another problem, haha, i'm missing the harness...

Old 08-20-2008, 06:57 PM

one more thing, as i said i'm missing the part where the harness from the knock sensor plugs in to, where does it come from that main wire?

Quick Reply: knock sensor wiring