Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

help with skip

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Default help with skip

I have a 95 mill s 2.3 that has a skip. firing is good, fuel is good, comprision is good. motor has a slight tick maybe valves? maybe lifters? any advise would help

Old 12-23-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by dustin's mazda
I have a 95 mill s 2.3 that has a skip. firing is good, fuel is good, comprision is good. motor has a slight tick maybe valves? maybe lifters? any advise would help
i would check coils. i just went thru this. we have 2 99's. i did a water pump, timing belt, all pulleys, some hoses, a ton of work on the black car. when it was done, there was a miss. so i took the coils off the front bank of the white car, which i knew were good, and put the front bank coils from the black car on the white. black car miss went away, and white car then had the miss. so i then started replacing coils, i have like 3 sets of used coils. after changing the second coil, miss went away. i am just glad it was not the rear bank. no ce lite was illuminated in either car, so i was guessing as to which cylinder it was. beware that you MUST use the early coil, which has 4 pins. the later coils are 3 pins. either coil works on the later(97-) cars, but only the 4 pin works on the early car