Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Default Headlight conversion

whats up peeps just joined the forum so i thought id make a post. have to say this is my first time joining a car forum but ive always read the posts.

I was wondering if any of you out there know anything about headlight conversions for a 99 mill. im not really used to getting deep into the import scene but now that i have my mazda im going to have to.. im looking for something somewhat cheap but really wanted a diff. look to the headlights and not just changed bulbs anyone have any ideas where i can look or go for some hid type lighting? this goes for fog lights too bc im also looking to change those

Old 11-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Headlight conversion

I put 8500 k HID Xenon bulbs in my 98 and it is radically different...just like my 03 acura TL as far as brightness and appearance. I also changed the small corner lights(right next to headlights) to blue/white so whole light strip is blue/white. I know xenon bulbs are available for the fogs too. I got the corner lights at advance auto and bought the hi lows off ebay. They were Euro designs models 9005 AND 9006, 8500K and cost about $30 for all four. For the price I don't think you could get much more effect.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:18 AM

Pepper: you got a xenon HID kit for $30 ?? A cheap HID kit will run you at least $150 per pair with adapters, ballasts, and bulbs. A decent HID conversion kit will run at least $250. If you want cheap white/blue, get silverstars for fogs and lows. WalMart or any auto parts store should have them. Get on ebay and check out the sets there at least to start you off. The silverstars put out about 4000k and white HIDs put out around 4300k. Silverstar ultras are somewhere in between I think. Silverstars may run you about $38 a replacement about every year or 18mo if you use them a lot. Silverstar Ultras are supposed to last longer but are $50 for a set. The HIDs are at about 150. hope this helps

Old 11-28-2006, 06:15 PM

ok thx for the info guys i found out alil myself and have a few recommendations. but first pepper u said u got ur hid xenon bulbs off of ebay but do you know what type there are or rather who made them? even though im not an ebay memeber so i couldnt get them from there. And out of curiousity what type of light color do they output is it like a seprmint or aqua blue? Good touch changing the corner lights as well ill prob. do that too. Wow and you say they look as good as ur TL but all those bulbs only cost u $30 bucks thats a real steal. I was on the same page as ablanc ive never seen anything at all cheaper than the 150s thats actually real HID. Yea ive seen the Silverstar in the stores and they didnt really impress me or interest me that much. While i was reading ur posts i clicked on two links this page had on it you guys should def. check them out. I'll prob. end up getting the bulbs from there. The pages are http://www.visionbulbs.com/vb_produc...&dmv=826757075 and http://www.hidworld.com/cart.php?ban...=20&partner=89 They each give you a break down of prices and the diff. color temps depending on what you want.

And lastly coming from direct experience the nokya bulbs are a great and very cheap product line. If you dont want exact HID and want something that looks good for a low cost. They run from about 25 to 45 depending on the color that you get and i think about another 30 bucks if you think you need to upgrade your wiring harness. I put the blue bulbs in my old 88 Chevy Beretta GT and it looked great. big improvement for cheap esp for an older car. If you wanna check out a pic i have one on my myspace page at www.mypspace.com/daxtremeplaya Now should i make a new post to talk about other auxilary lighting or can i just contin. in here?

Old 12-02-2006, 06:19 PM

Hey, ive also found out that most of these bulbs technically aren't street legal though. If you want something thats 100% street legal you'll prob. have to search harder. And like i say when in doubt ask.