Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Engine Idle kicks in no one can diagnosis?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Default Engine Idle kicks in no one can diagnosis?

HELP! I don't know where to go for help? SINCE I PURCHASED MY 97 MAZDA MILL S 3 years ago it, randomly, decides to idle at about 40 miles perhour when i'm stopped at a sign, or in slow traffic, or maybe it is doing it at higher speeds as i wouldn't notice at freeway speeds. It is dangerous and scary. two mazda dealers have said that it "must be my driving"?????. one auto repair shop actually was able to work on the car while it was actually do it, and said they could not figure out what it was. they cleaned out several things and un-kinked a hose that was pretty bent-- but it's still happening so i can not drive my car. it has a brand new transmission and i'm sure i had to replace it because of the wear and tear from having to go from neutral to a drive shift at high speed so many times. can someone help me with this problem . It has cost me 700 dollars to try and diagnose and the dealerships have been no help. i live in mpls, minnesota. I need the car for a trade-in. are other mazda's this bad????? I've heard that mazda transmissions go more frequently than other cars... and they are electrical nightmares. I love the car and would like another mazda but i don't dare...... linda thankyou!

Old 05-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Default RE: Engine Idle kicks in no one can diagnosis?

My corvette did something similar. The idle would not kick down at stop signs or when I would slow down and; at slow speeds it seemed to idle up (or speed up) on it's own. The car seemed to want to "run away" with me. Scared the b-jeebees out of me. Turned out to be a sprung spring on the throttle body. Don't know if Mazda's have throttle body's, but might be something to look at.

Old 05-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Engine Idle kicks in no one can diagnosis?

I have been having very similar problems...very frustrating.It happens more frequently when I drive around the city, lots of stopping at lights and in traffic. Iam trying to figure it out as well.If you find a solution, I would love some help!