Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Complete Power Failure

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Default Complete Power Failure

Here's one for you all. My battery died in my 1996 Millennia S. Got a new battery, found that my terminal connectors were shot. Replaced connectors. Connected battery. Headlights immediately came on. No other power throughout the rest of the car. No dash lights, no radio, no dome lights, no start - and cannot turn off the headlights unless I disconnect the battery. Suggestions? Perhaps a funky computer module or something? I'm completely lost. Can't even get it to a dealer unless towed.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Default RE: Complete Power Failure

Recheck your terminal connections and check the underhood fuses. Sounds like a blown fuse or possibly you missed a wire or got a poor connection.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Thanks Hixx. I've switched to the connector types that bolt down on the cables rather than the crimping type. I'll check all the fuses and keep you posted.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:47 PM

In case anyone is still following this thread, I figured out my problem. The 120A main fusible link was blown. This took the headlight switch out of the circuit while allowing a ground that caused the headlights to come on as long as the battery was connected. Only was to turn them off was to disconnect battery. Of course, NOTHING else worked. If you ever run across something really wierd like this, suspect the main fusible link as a possibility. Thanks for all the help folks.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:27 PM

Hi everyone

OK I have a problem, I cross polarized my connectors to the battery, and found that it was 120A Fusible Link blown, no biggie....but here's the problem, I cant for the life of me get fuse out so i can replace it with a new on. the two thin metal pieces at the bottom of the fuse are stuck in the box. should i take it out from the bottom or do i need a "special" device just pull it out?

P.S. it's 95 millenia by the way

Old 10-28-2009, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by aMilly95
Hi everyone

OK I have a problem, I cross polarized my connectors to the battery, and found that it was 120A Fusible Link blown, no biggie....but here's the problem, I cant for the life of me get fuse out so i can replace it with a new on. the two thin metal pieces at the bottom of the fuse are stuck in the box. should i take it out from the bottom or do i need a "special" device just pull it out?

P.S. it's 95 millenia by the way
did you take off the 2 nuts, one on each side?