Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Changing font turning signal light bulb

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Default Changing font turning signal light bulb

Is there a diagram on how to change the front turn signal light bulb?

Also where can I find the clear plastic cover of where the lights are located. As time has passed the plastic cover in my head lamps have gotten cloudy.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:31 AM
t2t

What year is your Milly? Is it the side marker light that you're trying to get to? I have a 2002, and to get to that light, you have to go through the fender well - which involves taking out 1/2 dozen screws so the plastic well can be pulled back to reach the bulb.

As far as cloudy head lamp lenses go, it will probably be big $$ to find the proper replacements. Instead, look into one of the kits to refinish them so they're nice and clear again. Maguiers has a special polish and a buffer for your drill to polish the lens back to where it should be. I've also used a kit from Wal-Mart that costs about $20 and involves sanding the lens with a high grit sandpaper to sand the lens and then some acrylic liquids to put a nice polish back on the surface.

These methods are about the easiest and cheapest ways to restore the headlights. Replacing them with new ones will also require you to re-align the new ones - a bit of work, etc.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Mine is a 2002 2.5L. Yes that's correct, the light I'm talking about it's the side marker light. So I have to take the fender off to get to that light?

Thanks for the response!

Originally Posted by t2t
What year is your Milly? Is it the side marker light that you're trying to get to? I have a 2002, and to get to that light, you have to go through the fender well - which involves taking out 1/2 dozen screws so the plastic well can be pulled back to reach the bulb.

As far as cloudy head lamp lenses go, it will probably be big $$ to find the proper replacements. Instead, look into one of the kits to refinish them so they're nice and clear again. Maguiers has a special polish and a buffer for your drill to polish the lens back to where it should be. I've also used a kit from Wal-Mart that costs about $20 and involves sanding the lens with a high grit sandpaper to sand the lens and then some acrylic liquids to put a nice polish back on the surface.

These methods are about the easiest and cheapest ways to restore the headlights. Replacing them with new ones will also require you to re-align the new ones - a bit of work, etc.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM
t2t

Originally Posted by MazdaSilva
Mine is a 2002 2.5L. Yes that's correct, the light I'm talking about it's the side marker light. So I have to take the fender off to get to that light?

Thanks for the response!
No, you don't have to take the fender off - just the inside of the fender - the fender well, which is the plastic/rubber part that is accessible from your wheel area. You may not have to take the whole piece off - just enough of the screws/bolts so that you can reach your hand through an area to access the light socket to replace the bulb. On my 2002, the light bulb can't be accessed from the engine compartment. Though, the rest of the bulbs on the front can be.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 PM
t2t

Here's a link on how to make your headlight lenses clear again:

http://www.wikihow.com/Repair-Oxidiz...dlight-Cleaner