Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Can anyone help me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Default Can anyone help me?

Does anyone have a display guide for the middle console area? I tried uninstalling it today, and after a full hour, I was unsucessful. I got the 2 screws out, but for some reason, it would not budge like there was something else holding it down. And as far as the temperature display, does anyone know where the screws are becuase I also want to take that down too.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Default RE: Can anyone help me?

Are you trying to remove the console between the seats or the one on the dashboard?

Old 06-21-2007, 06:51 PM

Im trying to remove the middle console(the one between the seats) AND the dashboard console that covers outside of the temperature display. Im taking them out and replacing them.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 PM

well, the only console i have removed is from our 99's. take off the armrest cover(at least i did), which is a bit of a challenge. you first need to pull out the black plastic liner in the storage compartment under the armrest cover. it just prys out, but it is cranky. under there are screws to remove that part of the console. then you will see 2 more screws, and the center part of the console(iirc, it is in 3 pieces) should lift out. the last part, the faux wood trim(i'm gonna assume you got the radio out), iirc, 2 more screws at the base, then you CAREFULLY pop out the upper part. there will be connectors to the cig lighter, heated seat switches, etc.

to get to the temp display, on either side of the steering wheel, there is a plastic cover. underneath each one is a screw. after those screws are removed, the entire assembly will come out. open the glovebox, and you can start prying from there. you should be able to get at all the connectors from the back side, some of them just dont want to come off. all of them have at least 1 locking clip each. iirc, the temp display is held on to the part of the dash you just removed by screws. be careful, it's been a while since i did these, and i may have forgotten a couple of screws.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:28 PM

i got the first two sets of screws out, but I did as you said with prying the plastic part out of the console, and I didnt see any screws. So now the portion of the console that's shaped like a U. is loose, but the back portion wont budge. Didnt see any screws though.

Im gonna try your other suggestion for the temp display in the morning to see if I have any luck.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:42 PM

if you are talking about the lower part, right below the radio, where the cig lighter/heated seat switches are, that part just prys out. i have that piece right here in my hand. it is actually 2 pieces, but to separate them, you have to take it out, and unscrew it from the back. i have removed it several times. it feels like it is going to break, that is why you have to pry it carefully. you can reach behind it from the shifter side, and push it out, but i have always gently pried it out.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:22 PM

thankssss keninn, im gonna try that. you're right, it does feel like you're gonna break it which is why i stopped trying. Prying it from the underside sounds like it would do the job. But the thing is, Ive actually taken the screws where the cig lighter/heated seat switches are. The other screws I took out were where the wooden bezel trim piece ends and where the middle console began, it was the area right above the screws used to keep the shifter in place. (I hope those were associated with the console) But I will definately try your suggestion!

PS--"it is actually 2 pieces, but to separate them, you have to take it out, and unscrew it from the back."

the back of what?

Old 06-22-2007, 11:08 AM

kennin, I did as you said, and 3 hours later....I got the middle console installed! Thank you soooo much, I honestly couldnt have done it without you. But as far as the dash console, I got the 1 screw out, but the other screw when i removed the plastic next to the steering wheel, it just had the headlight adjuster there and it seems as if the screw was behind that. So because I wasnt able to move that screw, I wasnt able to get the panel all the way out to disconnect the wires and such. Does anyone have any suggestions to get to the screw without damaging the headlighter adjuster?

Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 AM

Ps- my dash is currently on the verge of jumping rope. (Its out and about) helllpppp!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:16 AM

ok

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me?