Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

cabin air filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Default cabin air filter

I am tring to chang the Cabin Air Filter. for a masda millenia 1995 ? the problem is the were is located the filter forthis car

Old 12-17-2006, 02:14 AM
Default RE: cabin air filter

just changed my cabin filter. Thanks in part to keninn's instructions
Go the day or two before you want to change your filter and order one from auto parts shop. $36 *well worth it.
Pick up new filter from shop.
pry off kick panel from underside of dash on psgr side. Panel is directly beneath glove box.
observe a rubber stopper ~1" by ~6" held on by a plate and bolt. remove it.
wear goggles.
look up into slot and observe 2 plastic pins.
pull on near (rear) pinwith hand or pliers.the near section of filter will slide straight down/out. you may have to wiggle it.
slide the far (front) pin towards the rear and removesimilarly.
if filters will not come out, may have to remove glove box door and box to get to a sensor located in the airbox wall. pull out this sensor and youcan fit a tool orfingers inside to help wiggle the filters out and clean the box. only do this if you are desperate. I already had the glove box taken off because I thought I needed to to change the filter. If the filters aren't coming out, don't be afraid to push up on the thin plastic of the filter frame and break it. Then squeeze the frame to make broken edges overlap and pull the filter out.
once filters are out, look inside airbox and clean out as much of the garbage as possible. probably a lot of junk in there.
replace with new filters, keeping in mind the foam borderon the one half of the filter is the very front, and re-install them in the same fashion you took them out in.
Turn on yourcar andturn the fan on once thefilters and stopper are re-installed.
If there was a noise before and it's gone now, then presto, you're done.
If the noise is still there, it's coming from the fan turbine which is to the right of the filter box by the psgrs right foot.
It's cylindrical, has a small accordion air inlet hose connected to it, and it has3 retaining screws that are fairly hard to get to if you don't have the glove boxtaken off.
release the retaining clip for the large white wiring harness that's in your way *you'll see it, trust me.
that harness prevents the fan from dropping down once the screws are out.
drop the fan down and remove junk from inside fan cylinder. Mine had a big piece of electrical tape in it, and leaves.
When re-installing the fan, the right-side screw is hardest to re-install. be careful and don't lose it while trying to snake it upto its hole.
re-attach wiring harness and make sure air hose to fan is not blocked.
re-attach kick panel
breathe easier and listen to the beautiful hum of a clean fan.
Vacuum your car thoroughly.

Take care not to turn the fan on with the filters out unless you want a VERY dirty interior. Air comes out extremely forcefully from that opening. It may be aquicker way toclean the air box out, butsmall bits of leaves, etc will go all over the place.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:34 PM

thank you for that information

Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 AM

you cant find the filter because it aint there. 2001(2002?) my and later.