Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

BAD GAS?? or WHAT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Default BAD GAS?? or WHAT?

Someone please help!! About a month ago I filled my 02 Millenia with a tank of gas. It ran like a dream prior to the fill-up. Almost immediately I noticed it was jerking and there was water spewing from the tail pipe.

We tried to drain the tank, but the way its made, we just couldn't. We ended up running the car for a week to burn the gas out. We filled it again with a better grade and added a gas treatment. Still, to no avail. It runs very rough now and startsoccasionallyafter several attempts. It stranded me at work today [:@]and now it won't start. What in the world could be wrong?? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Default RE: BAD GAS?? or WHAT?

where are you at? if it is below freezing, you might have ice in the lines. kinda reverse vapor lock. park the car in a warm garage overnite. throw in a few bottles of heet(drigas, etc). it will break up the water molecules and burn them up with the gas. however, if you got a LOT of water in the tank, the fuel pump may be dead. try unhook the fuel return line off the fuel rail. turn the car on, collect some of the fuel in a glass jar. if no fuel flows, the pump might be dead. if you get some fuel, let it sit for a bit, and if there is a lot of water, you will see it. gas is much lighter than water, and it will float on top of the water. since the pump is picking up from the bottom of the tank, if there is a lot of water, that is what it is getting to first. find out where you got gas the last time, and see if there have been other complaints. perhaps their insurance will cover it.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Default RE: BAD GAS?? or WHAT?

i know i got a tank full of watered gas about a year ago and the milly s ran like crap until i burned it up. It didn't get to the state yours is at, soi can't help you there, but i would definitely suspect water in the fuel.